IE Address Bar problems

Lynds 19:09 23 Feb 04

I cannot search from the address bar. Checked tools/Options etc. and it is checked to search from toolbar but no luck.

Also MW radio has interference. Computer shop says it is the house electrics and electrician says it is the power supply to the computer. Power supply has been replaced but there is still interference.

short-circuit 23:14 23 Feb 04

Can you just go back into Internet Options and check up on the Search from Toolbar options. In the version I have there is an option NOT to search from the address bar which you can select by clicking in the white circle next to it, but no checkbox for Search from the Address bar. The other options in that section, which are mutually exclusive on my machine, are

1. Display results and go to most likely site.
3. Just display results.
4. Just go to the most likely site.

Which option have you chosen?

Lynds 10:44 24 Feb 04

I have chosen to display the result. IE 6. something is what i am using. I have changed it and then put it back but it still doesnt recognise it.

BEVERLEY-256334 14:31 26 Feb 04

I have the same problem it wont search for a random item like "pc" or "golf" but it will search for a full address like click here.
I contacted my ISP and they said it was normal and I should search through a search engine.

Jester2K 14:34 26 Feb 04

"Power supply has been replaced but there is still interference"

Electrician probably meant it the Power Supply and not the Power Supply Unit. In other words theres some interference or problem with your electrics in the house.

BEVERLEY-256334 14:38 26 Feb 04

I've just looked under the advanced tab in internet options and changed the setting " do not search from the address bar" to "just displey the results in the main window" Its working now.

Lynds 14:39 26 Feb 04

Cheers for all the info. I have had to reset to a search engine. It is just strange how it worked and then suddenly stopped but never mind!

Thanks Jester for that. Funnily enough we have changed sockets and no problems so far, another thing i find strange though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…