IE Address bar problem

Nick1 14:14 22 Feb 03

I would like to resize my IE 6.0 address bar as it says I can in help. I have tried dragging the borders but it won't resize. Any ideas

Nick

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:47 22 Feb 03

You can only resize it form left to right. Place your mouse pointer on the bar on the right of 'GO' or to the left of 'address' and when it changes shape left-click, hold and drag to the right for go and left for address.

G

Nick1 15:54 22 Feb 03

I am afraid that doesn't work. There isn't a bar to the right of Go. All I have is the Links button.

I wonder if I can add a bar...

Nick

GermfreeUnicycle 15:56 22 Feb 03

have you tried right clicking a toolbar and unchecking "lock the toolbars"?

Nick1 15:57 22 Feb 03

Gorrit!!

I right clicked on the tool bar noticed that I'd got "Lock the toolbars" ticked, unticked it and the draggable bar appeared.

Thanks anyway.

Nick1 16:00 22 Feb 03

That sounds daft. I actually made the posting before Germfee..'s advice appeared.

Thanks all

jazzypop 16:03 22 Feb 03

Firstly, right-click on a blank space on a toolbar, and make sure there is not a tick next to Lock Toolbars. If there is, untick it.

Then, try to hover over the thin dotted line at the end of any collection of buttons that are on the same row as your address bar (the cursor changes to a double-headed horizontal arrow), then drag those buttons up or down, to leave the address bar on a row of it's own. This will give the maximum space for the address bar, and it should automatically expand to fill the available width.

If it does not expand, then follow the advice from GANDALF <|:-)>

If it all goes horribly wrong, just right-click a blank space on a toolbar, choose Customize, then Reset.

jazzypop 16:04 22 Feb 03

Too slow again :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…