IE 9 not working properly

Bez 17:53 PM 08 Apr 11

IE9 update not working properly. Since automatically updating to IE9 access to the internet websites has slowed down dramatically. Windows Mail also takes up to 5 minutes to display the email. Is it possible to go back to before the installation? On trying a number of times before the restore point did not work either. Help please!!

Woolwell 18:05 PM 08 Apr 11

Which OS? It is possible to uninstall IE9 and this automatically means you go back to IE8. I had to do that because one program would not update with IE9 and doesn't update with other browsers.

finerty 19:17 PM 08 Apr 11

try downloading firefox from www.filehippo.com

once its up and running go to youtube and type in speed up firefox and go by the recs

squashman 00:46 AM 09 Apr 11

Hi

I also had problems and uninstalled. Go to windows update page, then installed updates, then you can uninstall and will revert to ie8

helcat 12:25 PM 09 Apr 11

Hi Squashman

Thanks for that - did not like look of IE9 at all and it made too many changes to my settings. Not being all that tech minded it took a long time to sort out and some things I just could not get back to how it was so I took your advise and uninstalled. Very nerve-racking while it was doing it as all sorts of messages came up but in the end no problems except it wants me to reinstall IE9!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites