IE 9 Glitch?

Seadog 22:16 PM 24 Apr 11

I recently upgraded to IE9 and windows 7 service pack 1. I am running Win 7 Professional.

Since doing this I seem to have a glitch or problem when clicking on links on certain web pages. For example if I hover on a photo in Facebook, an http://www. address bar appears at the bottom of the page but when I left click it to open it, nothing happens, similarly on eBay when hovering over say, page 2 while viewing page 1 an address bar appears but when clicking again nothing happens. This is not the same for all web sites, PCA site seems to work ok.

If I right click and select 'open link in new tab' the link will open (but obviously on a new tab) in both the above cases.

Is this a web site issue (they need to update their site programming) or an IE9 glitch, and has anyone else experienced or heard of this?

Seadog 22:26 PM 24 Apr 11

I've just found that if I right click and click on 'open' the link opens as it should if you left click on it..............................

rdave13 23:10 PM 24 Apr 11

Regardless of the settings in IE9 to open in a new tab - it doesn't work, even in compatibility mode. However, if you don't have software drivers installed for your mouse, the registry settings are for the middle-click (wheel) to be the default to open in a new tab. The right click menu also offers this choice though cumbersom.

Seadog 09:43 AM 25 Apr 11

Maybe I should have re-phrased this, normally, simple single left-clicking on a link on a web page(for example the next page in a series of pages) will open it in the same tab, this does not happen now on several web sites.

Why? Have I got some settings wrong or is it the web sites at fault.

The only way I can open these links/go to the next page is either by right clicking and selecting either 'open' or 'open in a new tab'.

The centre mouse button will also open the link in a new tab.

kdt 17:15 PM 25 Apr 11

I had problem of freezing on AOL site but after managing add-on looks alright now.I had uninstalled & reinstalled IE9 and had tried MS Fix It.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…