IE 8 Web pages taking an age to open

zeppman 20:29 03 Jan 10

I am running XP pro with SP3.I have 2 GB of ram I am using Internet Explorer 8 ,all updates are installed.When I try to open website or page It takes what seems minutes for each page.I am on a 50 MB cable line and would think If I blinked the page would be open.can anyone sugest any tests I can run or any help .I have scanned for malware and viruses all clean.Graphics take a bit of time to open sometimes not sure if this is a different issue.

woodchip 20:50 03 Jan 10

Try turning Java Script of, if you can surf the net with it of, your computer is also safer less likely to catch a cold

birdface 20:58 03 Jan 10

Try Tools.Developers Tools.Disable. Click on Script and that will disable it.You can always go back and enable it again if you need to use it.

Or try Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press apply or ok.Leave a small gap between ipconfig and the forward slash or it will not work.
it should tell you DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

birdface 21:01 03 Jan 10

Another good program for speeding it up is IE7Pro add-on.

click here

Make sure Ad-Blocker is ticked and Mini Download Manager is unticked.
Restart I/Explorer for the changes to take affect.

zeppman 21:49 03 Jan 10

no luck so far :-(

birdface 07:05 08 Jan 10

[I have scanned for malware]Have you tried Malwarebytes free.
Turn modem off for 10 seconds and switch back on and leave for 2 minutes before using.
Defrag.

Add-ons make sure you have the latest flash and java updates if you use them.
Maybe try disabling all of your add-ons then enable them one at a time to see if there is any one of them causing the problem.
PCA Site has been very slow over Xmas and new year and hard to log into at times so not sure if that is your problem.
Maybe try downloading and using Firefox to see if it is any quicker.I had to download it over Xmas as I thought IE8 was a bit slow.
You could try Tools.Internet Options.Advanced and press reset.This resets Internet Explorer to its original state so you may have to enable some of your add-ons again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…