IE 8

degssie 12:12 PM 09 Oct 11

I have upgraded to IE* and it is so slow!! I have opened this page in Fire Fox and yet am still waiting for it to open in IE8. This happens what ever site I am trying to access, even opening my e-mails takes up to 10 seconds. Using XP on a Dimension will loads of memory. Have used System Mechanic and cleared all spyware. Thanks in advance

northumbria61 12:38 PM 09 Oct 11

Maybe this Tweak will help enter link description here

birdface 13:24 PM 09 Oct 11

Have you got compatibility mode ticked under tools.if not try it.

Also check that all of your add-ons are enabled and the latest flash and Java updates downloaded.

degssie 17:08 PM 09 Oct 11

Thanks northumbria61, that tweek has speeded IE8 up a lot but still not 100%. Have to click on some links twice and also wait for the green bar to finish. Buteman, have checked compatability mode is on but a lot of add-ons are for various tool-bars that I do not use so have disabled them.

birdface 18:52 PM 09 Oct 11

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on the keyboard. It should tell you that the dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

pompyx 15:50 PM 10 Oct 11

Northumbria61 thanks for the tweak, I rarely use IE as I prefer Firefox, but tried it just to see, and it has improved IE8 considerably.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone