IE 8

degssie 12:12 PM 09 Oct 11

I have upgraded to IE* and it is so slow!! I have opened this page in Fire Fox and yet am still waiting for it to open in IE8. This happens what ever site I am trying to access, even opening my e-mails takes up to 10 seconds. Using XP on a Dimension will loads of memory. Have used System Mechanic and cleared all spyware. Thanks in advance

northumbria61 12:38 PM 09 Oct 11

Maybe this Tweak will help enter link description here

birdface 13:24 PM 09 Oct 11

Have you got compatibility mode ticked under tools.if not try it.

Also check that all of your add-ons are enabled and the latest flash and Java updates downloaded.

degssie 17:08 PM 09 Oct 11

Thanks northumbria61, that tweek has speeded IE8 up a lot but still not 100%. Have to click on some links twice and also wait for the green bar to finish. Buteman, have checked compatability mode is on but a lot of add-ons are for various tool-bars that I do not use so have disabled them.

birdface 18:52 PM 09 Oct 11

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on the keyboard. It should tell you that the dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

pompyx 15:50 PM 10 Oct 11

Northumbria61 thanks for the tweak, I rarely use IE as I prefer Firefox, but tried it just to see, and it has improved IE8 considerably.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…