IE 7 Tabs stopped working

steve hill 11:26 25 Apr 08

My IE 7 tabs have stopped working If I try to use a second tab IE locks and I have to use CLT ALT DEL to end task,. I have uninstalled and reintalled three time now to no avail.

steve hill 12:06 25 Apr 08

have found the answer on another forum will post it here as may help others. I uninstalled windows live toolbar, all seems to be back to normal

Sea Urchin 12:07 25 Apr 08

Make sure your Tab settings are correctly set up. Tools > Internet Options > General > in Tabs section click Settings > make sure Enable Tabbed Browsing is checked and also look at other settings further down.

Also, have you tried other options for opening Tabs?

To open a new blank tab, click the New Tab button on the tab row or press CTRL+T. To open a new tab when you follow a link on a webpage, press CTRL as you click the link, or right-click the link and then select Open in New Tab. If you have a mouse with a wheel, you can click a link with the wheel to open a new tab.

Sea Urchin 12:08 25 Apr 08

Didn't see your post before submitting mine. Glad you got it sorted.

Buffy's mum 17:17 27 Apr 08

Hi Steve
I have identical problem with Dell Dimension 8300, XP prof, IE7. As soon as I open another tab it just says 'connecting' and locks up. Main front tab is ok and I can carry on surfing and using that front tab, but can't close the internet without using ctrl/alt/del. I've check the settings are ok - they're fine. Can you tell me how to uninstall windows live toolbar and start again as I can't find the thread you said you'd post? Many thanks!

Sea Urchin 17:31 27 Apr 08

This should help you

click here

Buffy's mum 17:34 27 Apr 08

Hi Steve - thanks for this. How will I re-install then? Sorry - bit of a 'newbie' here!!

Buffy's mum 17:37 27 Apr 08

Found it on same page - sorry! Will try it now!

Buffy's mum 12:15 28 Apr 08

Just to let you know that the fix worked perfectly - many thanks for your help.

66GGG 16:30 14 May 08

I uninstalled the windows live toolbar - which I rarely used anyway - and hey presto - tabs are working again, thank goodness!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced