IE 7 Small windows always

muscic lover 20:12 12 Mar 07

When using IE 7, It always opens with windows in a small size, not my preference.
How can I get it to only open with the window maximised, without clicking maximise or the middle button of the 3 at the top right.

Over to you brainy ones..... my brain is scrambled today!

Thanks in advance!

SANTOS7 20:16 12 Mar 07

Open IE7 drag sides of interface to full page by holding mouse pointer over edge ( doubled anded arrow) then go to file>exit, reopen IE7...

rick808 20:20 12 Mar 07

1. Open IE and maximize it.
2. Hold the "Ctrl" key and close IE.
Should all be ok now.

MAJ 20:34 12 Mar 07

alternatively: right-click on the IE icon on the Quick Launch bar, choose Properties and in the "Run" field, choose "Maximised" from the drop-down menu. Much more civilised, in my opinion.

villageidiot 01:54 13 Mar 07

On XP SP2, my Quick Launch icon is only a shortcut. The "Run" field is on the Properties/Shortcut Tab.

Took me about an hour to find that. Found it just after composing a response to the forum to ask where it is!

Thought this might help others.

villageidiot 02:08 13 Mar 07

Just tried setting Run to Maximise, and also Ctrl+Close window

Neither worked. New windows are still opening small. Run is still set to Maximise, so that does not seem to work at all. Ctrl+Close window only works for the next window I open, then subsequent windows open small again.

Any more ideas?

rick808 08:13 13 Mar 07

Sorry missed out the important bit!!
Should read -
1. Open IE and maximize it.
2. Hold the "Ctrl" key and close IE by clicking on File and then Exit from the menu bar.
Should all be ok now, if not, try holding the "Shift" key instead of "Ctrl"

Sheik Yerbouti 08:25 13 Mar 07

click here

Nice little tool to enable full screen opening of ALL IE windows.

MAJ 10:09 13 Mar 07

To view the Quick launch bar, if you can't see it already, right-click on the Taskbar, choose Toolbars > Quick Launch

MAJ 10:12 13 Mar 07

and yes the Run field is at Properties > Shortcut tab, sorry for that omission.

cottie 13:14 13 Mar 07

Start IE, right click any link on a web page, and select Open in a New Window. Go back to the first IE window you opened and close it. Return to the second window and manually drag it to fill the screen, then click the close button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…