IE 7 problems

Bike-it 18:37 30 Jun 07

Running xp with IE 7 but this past week whenever i click IE to start it & on some favourite web sites + some links i get a page telling me that this page cannot be displayed.
I have tried running all the programmes below in safe mode to see if it comes up with any nasties but no it is still happening.

AOL Active virus shield.
AVG antispyware.
Adaware personal.
Superantispyware.
Ccleaner.
Windows defender

TonyV 19:26 30 Jun 07

Try reverting back to IE6 via Add & Remove programmes by removing IE7 there. Then re-install IE7 after a little while.

TonyV

Bike-it 19:41 30 Jun 07

I dont have IE 7 on a disc, can it be downloaded it from Microsoft.

TonyV 20:13 30 Jun 07

Yes, though I do not have a link for it, it will certainly be on their site.

TonyV

TonyV 20:16 30 Jun 07

Try this link. click here

TonyV

Abi-Moore 20:29 30 Jun 07

you could reset it to original settings?
tools/internet options/advanced/reset

Andy1991 20:31 30 Jun 07

I was about to say that. :-), u could also try to fix the connection. Go to netwrok connections on the start menu, then right click on your connection and select repair, and wait for it to do its little business.

Andy1991 20:34 30 Jun 07

If u have not got network conections on there, then u can put it on there. Right click the ctart button and slect properties. Select customize then go to the advanced tab. And then down in the list make sure that "Link to network connections folder" is bulletted, select OK, then OK again. Then u should be able to do the steps provided.

ie7 pro click here and install
once youve reset

Bike-it 10:23 01 Jul 07

Thanks folks for your help.
I reset IE 7 to its original settings but no success so now I have un-installed IE 7 and reinstalled IE 7 pro but the problem is still happening, any more suggestions please.
Don't know if this is relevent but i have the main computer connected to a Netgear router via an Ethernet cable and a laptop connected via a usb wireless dongle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple