IE 7 opening loads of screens

mco 20:16 18 Jun 08

I have a brand new laptop - Vista and IE7 -and it very annoyingly occasionally starts opening loads of windows - 38 last time. I know I can use Opera (as I am now) or FF -but sometimes IE displays things better and not all programs work on other browsers. I googled and saw the suggestion go to tools>enable/disable addons but I have nothing suspicious there (unless Snagit screencast is suspicious)So what else could I do please?

chub_tor 21:56 18 Jun 08

Are the screens that IE7 open all the same URL or are they different?

sunny staines 21:57 18 Jun 08

sounds like spyware.

download the free superantspyware and run a full scan and let it fix all it finds.

report how you get on.

grey george 22:14 18 Jun 08

Download spybot search and destroy and also zone alarm firewall.

birdface 07:20 19 Jun 08

Tools.Internet Options.Advanced.and press reset.You will loose your add ons but you can put them back later.

mco 19:00 19 Jun 08

It is the same window opening all the time. I don't have any add-ons but will have a go at buteman's suggestion. I did a scan with Avast which I installed as soon as I got the machine (it is 5 days old) but nothing showed up.

woodchip 00:02 20 Jun 08

Try this for a Browser. Flock 2 with Firefox 3 inside. click here

VoG II 00:11 20 Jun 08

You don't say what you are doing when the multiple screens open but is this a possibility click here

mco 09:57 20 Jun 08

woodchip - I do have Opera and FF3 but still would like to use IE7. VoG - don't think the problem is when I hit a mailto link but I shall set the default email client just in case (haven't yet done as only 6 days old!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac