IE 7 not working

please help,

i am using windows xp home and my internet explorer 7 is not responding. my internet is working as i can log into skype and yahoo messenger but when i try to open internet explorer my home page loads but when i type in another web address it doesnt laod and explorer freezez

birdface 17:31 16 Dec 08

Try command Promt.Type in ipconfig /flushdns a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Press enter.It should tell you DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot the computer and see if it makes any difference.if that does not work try.Tools.Internet Options.Advanced and press reset.This will reset IE7 to its original state.Your add-ons will be missing when you reboot after reset.,just go to tools Manage Add-ons and enable them again..

how do i get to command promt

birdface 21:35 16 Dec 08

Start.All Programs.Accessories.Command Prompt.Or Run and type in cmd.Ok

Sebsworld 10:59 18 Dec 08

Cornick,

Try the 'internet problems' website click here

birdface 11:13 18 Dec 08

[IE 7 not working ]Hi that is a new website and has never been checked for Malware so not sure if any downloads would be advisable.Not having problems connecting to the internet just with IE7.

birdface 11:24 18 Dec 08

Hi.I have notice that you are promoting this site on other different threads.Is this your own Site and why has it no safety certificate.

Pine Man 11:39 18 Dec 08

That is a particularly anonymous site isn't it!

birdface 11:45 18 Dec 08

It is.I always get a bit suspicious when I see someone promoting sites like this.Now there is probably nothing wrong with it but I like sticking to sites that I know and have a security clearance,This is obviously a new site that has not been checked out yet,

Sebsworld 14:46 21 Dec 08

buteman, Pineman,

Yes, its mine. The website has nothing to download. (off topic: How do I get a 'safety certificate' or have it Malware checked?

cornick,

It does sound like you have DNS issues. Have you tried restarting your modem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac