IE 7 not opening link/new window/new tab

Templar1961 09:07 30 Jul 07

I am using IE7 (& Windows XP) and I have a problem opening Links on a particular website: click here

When I left click on links to enlarge photos the page fades out rather than opening, or opening a new window or tab. If I right click & select open link, open in new tab or open in new window then it works fine. I tried this on a another pc running Vista & links opened with a left click, so it must be a problem with a setting on my pc?

e.g. click here

Any suggestions please?

birdface 09:37 30 Jul 07

Hi, Both work for me,

Templar1961 09:47 30 Jul 07

Works for me in Firefox, but I need to know what setting to adjust in my Internet Explorer 7 to make that work properly.

birdface 11:05 30 Jul 07

Hi,Sorry I also use Firefox,And if I had read your post right I would not have replied ,Have you tried ,Tools,Internet Options,Privacy,Sites,Type in the the website address,And press allow. Ok.See if that helps.

Templar1961 11:13 30 Jul 07

I tried Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Sites, typed in the the website address, and pressed allow - no improvement.

birdface 11:35 30 Jul 07

Hi,Try Tools,Manage add-ons.Enable or disable add-ons.And check that your web address has not been disabled on there.Just noticed that I have 3 disabled ,so will need to go back and check what they are.

brundle 11:43 30 Jul 07

It uses Flash, which you may wish to update;

Flash update; Go to start menu/run, type

c:\windows\system32\macromed\Flash

Press return

In the new explorer window double click the FlashUtil9.exe file (you might see 9a, 9b or 9c) - if you have Flashutil9d.exe you're up to date anyway and you can close the window.

Also clear your IE temporary files

birdface 12:32 30 Jul 07

Hi,Just wondering if you had IE7Pro downloaded.The new add-on that stops Pop-Ups and Flash objects.If so maybe that could be the problem.And thanks brundle I have now up-dated Flash.

Templar1961 13:34 30 Jul 07

I have updated Flash but the problem remains.

I do not have IE7Pro.

brundle 13:36 30 Jul 07

Is it only this site? Do you use a router? Was the other PC you tried connected to the same router?
Any differences in firewall/internet security software between the two?

Templar1961 13:37 30 Jul 07

I just disabled Norton Internet Security and the "problem" is fixed!

NIS seems to cause a lot of problems?

I think its time I found a different Anti-virus/Internet security solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…