IE 7 Latest Beta. Any Problems?

Lettervanman 19:20 26 Apr 06

I see the latest Beta is released,and I am tempted to try it now, in the hope that some of the bugs have been sorted.
I have read the latest release notes, and am a bit daunted by them.
I also read somewhere about problems with on line banking secure sites.
Are any of you using it yet,any problems to report?

Forum Editor 19:28 26 Apr 06

may not like the IE7 beta. Mine wasn't sure about it, and warned me that I went ahead at my peril. I went ahead, and it all worked perfectly.

There's only one way to find out about a public beta, and that's to try it. By the time software reaches the public beta stage most of the more serious bugs have gone, but remember that no major software production, no matter who writes it, can possibly be tested in a real-world situation until it - gets into the real world. That's the whole idea of these public betas, and you need to know it before you start. There may still be problems that won't be revealed until the software hits ten million machines or so, and ten million slightly different hardware/software environments.

Genius1 19:51 26 Apr 06

There seem to be no problems that I can find at the moment, but having said that I'm still not convinced about IE7. The original version of Firefox generally has everything that IE now has (tabbed browsing, RSS feeds etc.), and I just can't help but think that Microsoft seems to have copied them a bit.

Lettervanman 21:11 26 Apr 06

I do take the point that things have to be tried in the real world,look what happens with new cars!
I am a bit worried about the banking,I use a bank and a seperate credit card provider,also pay most bills on line. Why the problem with them?
I suppose I could remove it and go back to IE 6 if it plays up!

Ikelos 22:09 26 Apr 06

I tried it and took it out, what i did miss was there was no link to outlook express. if there was i could not find it, if it was there, then i will put it back in....

woodchip 22:36 26 Apr 06

Why do you need a link when Windows provides a shortcut icon to OE? Just drag that to quick start bar

Ikelos 22:50 26 Apr 06

perhaps i worded it wrong, in IE6 you have the envelope thingy at the top of the screen, with IE7 that is not there..

woodchip 22:56 26 Apr 06

I use Netscape and it's at bottom left of the screen, along with other icons for messenger composer and address book, but never use it I use the one I put on the Quick start bar

Ikelos 23:17 26 Apr 06

thanks, must admit i never thought of that, but now i will.....

Lettervanman 12:34 27 Apr 06

Well I am running IE7 now,only problem so far is that it wont access my FTP site,any suggestions?

Banking sites are o.k.

Sibbo 13:01 27 Apr 06

If there are problems, is it easy to uninstall and get back to IE6? TIA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…