IE 7 and cookies........

Seadog 12:08 08 Nov 06

I've just upgraded to IE 7 from IE 6 and I've noticed that when I now delete browsing history to get rid of temp files, history and cookies, it doesn't clear the small icons in my favourites list.
If I click on one of my favourites to access a web site the "e" explorer icon will change to a symbol from that website the next time I go to the my favourites list. With IE 6, after clearing temp files etc. all these icons would return to the general "e" explorer icon.
Does this mean IE 7 does not delete ALL cookies or am I missing something?

anskyber 12:13 08 Nov 06

Here's an answer of a kind, it seems to be the way the information is stored. You could try a third party cookie clearer like the free Spybot Search and Destroy if you are still unhappy to see it it clears them. click here

VoG II 12:13 08 Nov 06

They aren't cookies they are favicons click here

Maybe the handling of favicons has changed in IE7.

beynac 12:24 08 Nov 06

I believe that retaining Favicons is one of the expected improved features of IE7. Firefox has always retained them.

Seadog 12:25 08 Nov 06

Once again Vog you have answered one of my questions. Thanks for that. Must be an IE 7 thing then....
I have tried cleaning out with UltraWin Cleaner, that used to work before, but the "favicons" still stay where they are. I'm not really bothered about them, just noticed the difference with IE 7.

Seadog 12:26 08 Nov 06

My typing is too slow, thanks beynac.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…