I.E. 7 Beta 3

dawnal 19:31 13 Aug 06

Does anyone know how I can get new tabs to open on my homepage? At the moment I get a page informing me about tabs. When I close that I get a blank page.

Thanks
shuggee

rsinbad 19:40 13 Aug 06

click on the arrow right of the home then add or remove tabs

dawnal 19:51 13 Aug 06

Thanks for that bit of information. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked. I've tried every setting but I still get the same thing when I open a new tab

DerekR 19:52 13 Aug 06

Tools, Options, Tabbed Browsing, User Interface, Tick box for "Browsers home page" (In newley Created Tabs)

DerekR 19:54 13 Aug 06

Oh, and you can also select there to open the new tab in either foreground or background

DerekR 20:55 13 Aug 06

ooops - just realised the above settings are for Deepnet Explorer!
For I.E. 7, it's:

Tools, Internet Options, Tabs/Settings, then place tick in Open Home Page For New Tabs instead of Blank Page

dawnal 20:59 13 Aug 06

I can't find These things. I've got Tools, Internet Options, Tabs; that's as close as I've come. I can't find Tabbed browsing or any of the rest of it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

dawnal 10:42 14 Aug 06

Thanks for the information. There is already a tick in the Open Home Page for New Tabs box, however, but it doesn't open in my home page. Is there anything else I'm missing?

rsinbad 16:10 14 Aug 06

When you start IE beta3 does your home page come up? if not go to tools internet options and add your home page url.

to add a tab just find your favorite website then use the dropdown beside home and add and so on as many tabs as you like

regards

DerekR 18:11 14 Aug 06

When it comes up as a blank page, there is a boc that says "don't show this page again" or something like that. Check the tick box, and each new tab will open in your home page

dawnal 04:10 15 Aug 06

I hadn't noticed that "Don't show this page again" box. I feel lie a bit of an idiot now. It worked a treat.

Thanks everyone for the help you gave me.
shuggee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…