I.E. 7 Beta 3

dawnal 19:31 13 Aug 06

Does anyone know how I can get new tabs to open on my homepage? At the moment I get a page informing me about tabs. When I close that I get a blank page.

Thanks
shuggee

rsinbad 19:40 13 Aug 06

click on the arrow right of the home then add or remove tabs

dawnal 19:51 13 Aug 06

Thanks for that bit of information. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked. I've tried every setting but I still get the same thing when I open a new tab

DerekR 19:52 13 Aug 06

Tools, Options, Tabbed Browsing, User Interface, Tick box for "Browsers home page" (In newley Created Tabs)

DerekR 19:54 13 Aug 06

Oh, and you can also select there to open the new tab in either foreground or background

DerekR 20:55 13 Aug 06

ooops - just realised the above settings are for Deepnet Explorer!
For I.E. 7, it's:

Tools, Internet Options, Tabs/Settings, then place tick in Open Home Page For New Tabs instead of Blank Page

dawnal 20:59 13 Aug 06

I can't find These things. I've got Tools, Internet Options, Tabs; that's as close as I've come. I can't find Tabbed browsing or any of the rest of it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

dawnal 10:42 14 Aug 06

Thanks for the information. There is already a tick in the Open Home Page for New Tabs box, however, but it doesn't open in my home page. Is there anything else I'm missing?

rsinbad 16:10 14 Aug 06

When you start IE beta3 does your home page come up? if not go to tools internet options and add your home page url.

to add a tab just find your favorite website then use the dropdown beside home and add and so on as many tabs as you like

regards

DerekR 18:11 14 Aug 06

When it comes up as a blank page, there is a boc that says "don't show this page again" or something like that. Check the tick box, and each new tab will open in your home page

dawnal 04:10 15 Aug 06

I hadn't noticed that "Don't show this page again" box. I feel lie a bit of an idiot now. It worked a treat.

Thanks everyone for the help you gave me.
shuggee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017