IE 7 & Activex Controls

WRS 21:03 19 Nov 06

I run W/XP And have just upgraded to IE 7. Now when I enter O/Express I get the message :' One or more Activex Controls could not be displayed because either 1) your current security settings prohibit running Activex Controls onthis page or 2)you have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result this may not display correctly' I am mystified and unable to remove this message. Have tried removing and reinstalling IE7, no success. Help.

anskyber 22:08 19 Nov 06

Did you see a yellow bar across the top of the window? If you think the site is safe then it is OK to allow the Active X component.

MicroSoft say
"Microsoft ActiveX Opt-InInternet Explorer 7 disables all ActiveX controls which were not used in Internet Explorer 6. When users encounter an ActiveX control for the first time, they will see a gold bar asking if they want to use the control. Users can then selectively allow or prevent running the control. Note: By default, the ActiveX Opt-in does not apply to Intranet and Trusted Site zones; new controls on those zones, along with a list of preapproved controls, also run without prompting."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced