IE 7

^wave^ 18:41 24 Oct 06

I dont know if this has been posted but it looks like IE7 has been released

rawprawn 19:05 24 Oct 06

click here I can't find the original post, but it has been available for quite a while, and it was featured in the Home Page if I remember rightly. Never mind though some members may not have seen it so they will get a second chsance. Thank you.

teletoter 20:59 24 Oct 06

YEP it is out now. Go get it, it afew good features.

^wave^ 09:25 25 Oct 06

i have now down loaded both ie7 and firefox 2 both are working without problems so far. the install of ie7 seemed to be be ok and looking at the the results i am happy with the results

carper 10:12 25 Oct 06

Hi
I've recently downloaded IE 7 and at the moment I'm not very happy with it. When I am on the forum page and click onto one of the links I frequently get the message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" I never had that much with the old version and never with Firefox. Any suggestions anyone. Carper

Technotiger 10:16 25 Oct 06

Hi, I get the same as 'carper' so I have reverted to IE6. Although I liked IE7, I think I will wait until it has been 'on-the-road' for a while, then try again.

Cheers.

Smiler 10:23 25 Oct 06

Don't think that will be possible as I think it's part of the next automatic update release anyway.

VoG II 10:25 25 Oct 06

You can block the update from installing click here

anskyber 10:40 25 Oct 06

The classic (if it can be classic after just a few days!) behaviour of needing to close has for some at least been down to some incompatibilty with plug ins and tool bars as add ins.

MS recommend that such add ins are disabled for a while to see if they (or it) is the problem. They may then be reintroduced if you wish but the latest release for each used instead of an earlier version. MS have pointed out they have run IE7 in Beta to allow plug in developers to become compliant. The other piece of advice is to ensure your anti virus and the like is disabled during installation.

Technotiger 10:45 25 Oct 06

Hi, thanks, done.

(Smiler) thanks for comment, but I already knew it could be done.

Cheers.

carper 10:47 25 Oct 06

Just done a complete reinstall of IE 7 with the antivirus and fiewall turned off and still no different. Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos