IE 6 and URL problem

Xzrox 11:41 08 Jan 04

[For the benefit of making sure the PCA engine does not auto-URL links in this topic, I have added spaces in parts of the URLs.]

When I type in an URL in the address bar, in Internet Explorer 6 SP1, and leave off 'h ttp://', therefore for example I could type 'w ww.pcadvisor.co.uk', IE does absolutely nothing. But if I type in 'h ttp:// click here' - noting both the addition of stating the protocol as well as the trailing slash, the web page loads.

But also, web page downloads seem to be very irratic, so sometimes the page would download after I have hit enter> for, say, the 5th time while the cursor is in the address bar.

Perhaps this may help to explain the problem further: I have just attempted to go to 'click here' and 'h ttp:///?%20click here' appears after a few seconds of IE thinking, and an IE 'This page can not be displayed' message appears.

Does anybody know of any ideas how to solve this little issue? Thanks.

Xzrox 11:43 08 Jan 04

The place I have attempted to go to is 'w w w. google. com' - and - 'h ttp:///?%20w w w.google.com - is what then appears in the address bar.

Blasted thing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…