I.E 6 Problem

Billy Boy 10:47 09 Feb 04

Hi Guys,
My 98SE computer (nothing to do with my earlier query about viruses on my XP machine)has started misbehaving when I use I.E. version 6.
I can open web pages and outlook express but when I click on a link the cusor just sits there with it's egg cup buddy and nothing happens till I close the window.

I have tried going into tools, internet options,advanced and restore faults but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 11:22 09 Feb 04

click here to try to repair IE

Billy Boy 11:35 09 Feb 04

Thanks Diodorus but as has been happening, when I clicked your link the address bar went blank and the cursor and his pall just stood there staring at me.

Whaty 12:21 09 Feb 04

To repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x or 6.x for Windows 95/98/98 SE (Second Edition) and ME:
From the Start menu, select Settings, and then choose Control Panel. The Control Panel window will appear.

Open the Add/Remove Programs icon. The Add/Remove Programs window will appear.

In the lower window, click the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x and Internet Tools option or the Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x and Internet Tools option, and then click the Add/Remove button.

Click the Repair Internet Explorer option and then click the OK button.

Click the Yes button to continue with the repair.

Restart the computer when you are prompted and allow the computer to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Billy Boy 12:42 09 Feb 04

Thanks Whaty,

Did as you said but still no change, except, the cursor and eggcup are now laughing at me.

Stuartli 13:23 09 Feb 04

click here;en-us;Q281679&sd=tech

IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Reuse window for launching shortcuts.

Disable to check if it solves the problem.

Stuartli 13:24 09 Feb 04

You may need to open the click here and then copy and paste the remainder on to the end of the URL if right clicking on the link and then Open In New Window doesn't work.

Billy Boy 13:45 09 Feb 04

Hi Stuartli,

Tried both you suggestions ( did not attempt register changes as I am a novice)run all the .dll as they suggested.
Only difference was the cursor and eggcup are now putting their fingers to their nose at me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…