I.E 6 Problem

winksey 13:05 29 Aug 03

If I put my system on standby and after 10 mins I try to use the internet, I get the page cannot be displayed, I have to restart my computer to rectify the fault. Does anyone know what could be causing this. I am using Win Me with I.E.6.

winksey 08:27 03 Sep 03

This fault seems to occur after leaving my system on stanby overnight.

moore_mat 08:51 03 Sep 03

I've seen similar issues - it turned out that it was just a cheap and nasty modem that couldn't handle being put into standby - it meant I couldn't leave the PC in stand by overnight until I changed the modem. If you have another modem available - give that a try.

hotwired 09:08 03 Sep 03

Try this could be the connection to the internet may have been lost.
Start>run?typein cmd hit enter
type on command promt ipconfig /release enter
then when it come back to c:/ type ipconfig /renew
and see what happens if u try connection to the net

winksey 12:59 15 Sep 03

Just noticed an error message on the bottom toolbar it says Windows/System/SHDOCLC.DLL or DNS error, is this any help.

winksey 18:31 24 Sep 03

My internet connection drops off sometimes now when I am using it,I am connecting via a cable modem using broadband so I should be connected permanantly. Any ideas, anyone.

obbit 19:04 24 Sep 03

hi winksey. are you on NTL BB? if so i am getting similar faults also on NTL

Qmar 20:50 24 Sep 03

used ntl correctconnect?

winksey 15:40 28 Sep 03

Sorry for the late reply obbit,lost my e-mail connection as well. Yes I am using N.T.L. BB and it is 150 speed and a Terayon modem.

winksey 17:55 02 Jan 04

I am still having problems with this could it be down to my I.S.P.

Frazky 22:37 03 Jan 04

click here

[ also
click here

click here

Best bet to call your isp and tell them YOU cannot access the internet ]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…