I.E. 6 Not Displaying Particular Webpages

Nick052 15:04 16 Jul 05

I am having problems displaying the same type of Webpages on my machine.

For example, I tried to get onto click here to look at their offers, and all I get is the "Page cannot be displayed" page, with "click here" at the top.

I also cannot use any of the "picture" links from the Ebay homepage, an example address being :

"click here;h=v5|32b7|0|0|%2a|b;17755361;3-0;2;10949006;7194-275|100;10876103|10893999|1;;~sscs=%3fclick here"

I think my computer is blocking the sites since they contain adverts e.g. altfarm.mediaplex.com and adfarm.mediaplex.com.

I do not have any ad-blocking software installed and I have had a quick look on the Restricted sites bit of I.E. but cannot find mediaplex.com.

Any ideas how I can start viewing these webpages?

Jackcoms 15:08 16 Jul 05

In I.E click on Tools; Internet Options and set the Security and Privacy options to 'Default'.

Nick052 15:22 16 Jul 05

Thanks for the suggestion - ive just tried it, but I still cannot get on the sites.

I've restarted the browswer after changing the settings to see if this worked, but it still doesnt.

Any other ideas please?

Nick052 18:39 17 Jul 05

Hi any ideas on the above please?

Ive tried setting all my security settings to low, ive removed all the sites from my Cookie blocker list and restricted sites list, but still cannot get onto

click here

and click the links from Ebay homepage.

joethebow 21:21 17 Jul 05

I had this problem i few days ago. Posted it here and got the solution. Go to my thread here:

click here

Nick052 21:55 17 Jul 05

Thanks for the response.

I ran the program and it did its stuff, but unfortuately the webpages still wont download.

I dont think whats happening on my machine is a Java error, the pages just simply refuse to load.

Any other ideas anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…