IE 6 locks PC on exit - intermittent

peterjelliott 22:27 21 Sep 04

My PC, running XP Pro, seems to suffer from an intermittent problem when exiting Internet Explorer 6.0.29 (SP2) whereby the whole PC locks for a period extending up to a couple of minutes. During this time, Ctl-Alt-Del has no effect.

The only thing to do is wait for it to come back again, after which it runs fine with no apparent ill effects.

I've tried running sfc /scannow to repair the installation, but found no problems.

I'm relatively certain that it started after installing SP2, but not immediately after - perhaps 2-3 weeks or more, so I don't think the two events are connected.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Peter

hugh-265156 22:57 21 Sep 04

not sure sorry click here maybe to repair internet explorer and outlook express. no emails should be lost but back up anyway just in case.

peterjelliott 08:05 22 Sep 04

I visited this site before posting my message and that's where I found to try sfc /scannow (I think I got it from one of your previous answers to someone else's question actually, 'cause I I checked previous postings first).

This appears to have had no effect. However, it does give another method to try so I'll give that a go tonight.

Cheers

Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…