IE 6 keeps shutting down

rowens 10:36 04 Jan 04

I have version 6 of IE and access the internet via a broadband connection with In the background I have 'ZoneAlarm' running. My problem is that IE keeps shutting down automatically, along with any other IE windows open at the time. There is no obvious pattern to this. Has anyone else experienced this? or any ideas what may be causing this frustrating problem.

johnnyrocker 10:38 04 Jan 04

sounds like the blaster worm or a variant of it click here for removal tool/instrusctions.

rowens 11:08 04 Jan 04

Thanks johnny
I've had a look at that site but not downloaded anything yet. The advice says that the blasterworm only infects windows 2000 and windows xp machines. I am running on windows 98.
Is it still likely to be the worm virus?

Joe McG 11:18 04 Jan 04

if you are running win 98, it won't be the blaster virus.

But there is every possibility that it could be a variant, or, a different virus completely.

As johnnyrocker says, download the blaster finder and run it, and also use a fully up to date A/v to give your full system a scan.

rowens 11:31 04 Jan 04

Thanks Joe will try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…