IE 6 Installation probs on ME

willo500 02:33 25 Aug 05

HI

I have finally with the help of lots of people on this forum resolved some problems with windows me.

I now have a new problem. When I try to run windows update it all is fine apart from when I try to install IE6 SP1. It lets me download this but will not let me install it. It just keeps saying it didn't install correctly and I need to run set up again. The help file says the download is fine and advised me to shut down other applications and try again. I don't have any other applications running that I know of and am not sure what to do next. The current version of IE is 5.

All help gratefully received.

Willo

Completealias 02:43 25 Aug 05

Try downloading the update from the download centre save to disk disconnect from the net and then run the update click here

Completealias 02:44 25 Aug 05

Try downloading the update from the download centre save to disk disconnect from the net and then run the update click here

willo500 10:57 25 Aug 05

Hi

I tried that with no result I'm afraid

willo500 11:22 25 Aug 05

All suggestions gratefully received

gudgulf 11:53 25 Aug 05

This sounds like your problem click here

willo500 12:50 25 Aug 05

Thanks gudgulf that worked perfectly. I am always amazed at the knowledge that is on these pages

Willo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…