IE 6 assistance

Joey D 18:46 20 Jun 04

Can someone help please, After starting IE6 I find that in order to access my default web site I have to use a previously installed shortcut to load it otherwise a clear screen is displayed. Can someone suggest a method of operation that will allow me to access my default web site direct after IE6 has connected to my ISP (I used to be able to do this on my old computer, using Win95 & IE5.5 ) This new computer runs XPHome & IE6 Thanks in advance. Joey D.

hugh-265156 18:59 20 Jun 04

open internet explorer and click 'tools/internet options/general' and in the 'homepage' box type the address you wish to use and click apply and ok or click 'use current' if the page you are viewing is the one you want to save typing.

if it keeps changing to about blank then click here and download and run cwshreader. that should fix it if you have been hijacked maybe.

Joey D 19:13 20 Jun 04

Thanks Huggyg71, I,ve noted your suggestion & will try it out. I will return if unsuccessful.
Thanks again.

Night Ryder 19:44 20 Jun 04

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do here are my thoughts. use your previously installed shortcut and once the page appears click on tools/Inernet options. In the top part of the box which allows you to select your home page, click on "Use Current" then click on apply.
Next time you open IE6 it will open to this web page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…