ie 10 home page query

conrail 10:26 23 Jul 13

using laptop with win 7 business, have set up home page but each time I run ie10 it opens the last page I visited, tools/internet options, the start up option is greyed out so I can't change the selected 'start with tabs from last session' to 'start with home page'. how can I activate the start up option so I can change to starting with my home page? all help and advice appreciated

Woolwell 11:22 23 Jul 13

Some anti-virus programs can prevent home page changes. What are you using?

HondaMan 11:40 23 Jul 13

Jock1e - he has already been there. See OP

rdave13 15:02 23 Jul 13

If you have the 'delete browsing history on exit' box ticked then you can't change the start option. Untick it, change the start option, then tick the box again.

Woolwell 16:05 23 Jul 13

radave13 - Thank you, that's something I've learnt today.

Woolwell 16:16 23 Jul 13

That doesn't make any difference on my version of IE10.

rdave13 18:32 23 Jul 13

Woolwell , that's strange. I untick the box then startup setting are available. Greyed out when the box ticked. Win8 IE10.

Woolwell 18:44 23 Jul 13

Just checked my W8 laptop and that is what happens with IE10 and W8 but not on my W7 system.

rdave13 18:49 23 Jul 13

Dang it all I haven't got 7 any-more to play with :( It could be another setting in the TABS section?

rdave13 18:53 23 Jul 13

Just a thought that under the tabs section clicking on the 'restore defaults' tab (remembering your personal settings) and unticking the delete browsing history might bring the start option available again?

conrail 20:52 24 Jul 13

thanks for suggestions and advice; Jock1e tried control panel option, even tried opening ie10 as administrator but still same problem, not sure about using command prompt, never tried it but running now on the laptop Hi Woolwell, laptop is company one, could not log onto company server after server update so IT took it away, wiped everything and reset it up, lost favourites, email contacts, everything, if he had said what he was going to do could have backed them up beforehand, sorry wandering of your suggestion, the company have put ESET Endplant antiviris on with instructions not to put any other on, previously I had avast, AVG and Malwarebytes, same as I have on pc, rdave13 the history box is unticked will keep looking into options and keep you informed and watch for your suggestion, I appreciate your help and advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…