IDX files and the like

Eilat 19:59 28 Sep 05

I wen to My Documents and found along with my ususal stuff that I had 1,278other files such as CAOO and TDBIDXL - when I had a look at the Properties of one of them it had Open with -Dummy-How do I send them back to where they belong? or get rid? Any help will be a joy.Frankie

MAJ 20:35 28 Sep 05

There used to be a problem with Nero creating a lot of IDX (Index) files in different folders (up to 1000 of these files). Have you been using Nero lately?

Eilat 18:36 29 Sep 05

Thanks a lot for your suggestion but I have`nt used Nero for quite a while.In the Properties for each of the CAOO Files it has Opens with - Dummy
How do I get rid?? Eilat

MAJ 18:55 29 Sep 05

The IDX files are harmless enough, Eilat, you can safely delete those, but I don't know about those other CAOO and TDBIDXL files. Try running the usual spyware scans with Adaware and Spybot S&D, see if they pick those files up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…