Idiot requires help burning a CD - don't laugh!

sailorgirl2 01:48 11 Apr 03

I've got Nero 5.5 burner in a Samsung CD-R/RW drive, and Windows XP media player, however, although I can get mp3 files downloaded into the media player and onto a CD-RW650, there is nothing for a CD player or CD Walkman to play. I've tried converting files into WAV - still nothing - even downloaded a converter plug-in (I think) from Nero's site but still nothing. I'm obviously doing something hugely wrong but don't know what and, after days of this, I am losing the will to live!

Any clues anyone? Any help would be vastly appreciated, or would anyone like a coaster shaped cunningly like a re-writable CD - let me know!

bigdamouk 01:59 11 Apr 03

Are you burning them as music files or data files?

They should be burned as Music files, or media files.
If your unsure use the Burning Wizard that comes with Nero.

Regards
Damo

kane_2002k 02:15 11 Apr 03

in nero click on help, and then click 'use nero wizard', that she do it alll for u. Some cd players cannot play CD-RW disks. Check the disc on a cd player u know can play them.

dcarr 02:41 11 Apr 03

Most cd players can't play cdrw's. Another point, check your preference settings to see if you are closing the disc. While burners allow burning music in separate sessions (3 today, 2 songs tomorrow) Players won't read them. You have to close the cd to make it useable for standard cd players. So you would be wise to burn an entire cd at one time.

sailorgirl2 18:17 11 Apr 03

Changed to CD-R's and now have some form of music - not perfect, very crackly in fact but I shall persevere now that I found the way through! Ta all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…