Identity crisis

Mat E Low 19:56 24 Nov 03

Hi
If I log into my pc as "user" most windows programms will not respond. The system is very slow and locks up. I have run on and offline virus checks, all clear, and even run the windows repair programme. If I start the pc in safe mode and log on as "administrator" the windows programmes work. I am now baffled and could do with some help.

go into control panel, accounts, and change account type, to administrator

john-232317 20:17 24 Nov 03

I have had a comp for about 10 years and never bothered logging on and off, just leave it logged on.

R4 20:50 24 Nov 03

Probably the privs to run some programs are admin only. Giver user the admin privs.

personaly I Never use a logon have disabled it.

Mat E Low 20:59 24 Nov 03

Thanks for the ideas but none are hitting the mark,the system worked fine until a few hours ago. If I can't log on as "user" which is my normal path I cannot acess my progs or email.
When the system boots normally I dont see a log on option you can get a second log on option in safe mode and that is how I am using the pc now.

alan 2273 21:05 24 Nov 03

If you can boot into safe mode you can do a system restore, have you tried this?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…