identities in outlook 2003

rsturbo 15:29 13 Jul 06

i curently have 2 indetities setup in outlook express but now need to start using outlook 2003. is there a way to setup indetities in outlook. ie i want emails for a to go to ident a and emails to b to go to ident b. i need to keep work and home seperate

many thanks for any help

ArrGee 16:04 13 Jul 06

First of all, set up the two separate e-mail addresses that you will be using (Tools, E-mail Accounts) Once you have set these up, choose which default address you want to send from. If you set up your personal account as the default, and you want to send using your works address, after clicking on 'New' (for new message) in the top left is an 'accounts' button for you to choose which outgoing mail address you want to use.

For incoming mail, set up two new inboxes, by right-clicking on Inbox - New Folder. You can name these folders as Inbox - Work and Inbox - Personal as an example.

Then, you can define rules for the incoming mail (Tools - Rules and alerts) for each incoming message to be directed to the appropriate folder. The rules wizard is fairly straight forward, but if you get stuck, send me an e-mail.

rsturbo 20:44 05 Aug 06

my friend used to have his outlook 2003 setup so when he opens outlook a little dialog box pops up with a drop down menu from which he can choose which identity he wants to log on as. how do i do this pls - my friend cannot remember!

thanks for any help

rsturbo 21:03 05 Aug 06

what i am looking for is called profiles

Woolwell 21:06 05 Aug 06

I think that you may want profiles:
click here

VoG II 21:06 05 Aug 06

Start Outlook. In the box top right where it says 'Type a question for help', type profiles and press Enter.

rsturbo 21:04 04 Sep 06

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009