Identifying Motherboard

Falk 12:48 03 Jun 05

Hi, I downloaded SiSoftware Sandra Lite to identify my motherboard for troubleshooting purposes but being a novice Im not exactly sure of the results.

Next to information for Mainboard it says Manufacturer Elitegroup and Chipset VIA KT400/A, KT600....however a little further down it says Chipset Abit Computer Corp KM400.

Also in my manual it says "VA-20 VIA KM400A"

If someone could give me a definitive answer to what my board and chipset is(the information needed when someone asks for motherboard information) then it would be most appreciated, thanks.

Micro-Man 13:11 03 Jun 05

The boot screen gives details that you can then use with click here to identify your motherboard. You may need to disable any boot screen from your bios options first to read it all.

Falk 14:58 03 Jun 05

ok thanks I checked with those details, it would seem to indicate that I have a KT400, however my manual says the Abit VA-20 uses the KM400A, Im a novice so Im not sure which is correct or if they even mean the same thing. Im looking for an answer as I believe I may have a fault with my board and want to be positive I know the correct board Im using.

Border Collie 15:03 03 Jun 05

Get Everest HOME Edition from click here, you'll get all the deatails you need about your system and links to hardware companies.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 03 Jun 05

PC inventory takers :-
Belarc click here
Everest Home Edition click here

And se what board it indicates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…