Identifying memory sticks from serial numbers

bigboab y 19:07 26 Jun 06

I have some laptop memory sticks (144 pin type) that only have serial numbers on them.. I suspect for example that one of them is a Toshiba job as it has the three-triangled Tosh sign on the chips.I seem to remember seeing on here a link to a site that could identify what the stick has in it from the serial number.. Am I dreaming or will England beat Portugal???.. any advice would be much appreciated.. cheers

skidzy 21:47 26 Jun 06

Type the serial number into google,you may be surprised at the info you will get.

Hope this helps.

SANTOS7 22:00 26 Jun 06

click here
follow links for memory upgrades ...

bigboab y 22:57 26 Jun 06

Thanks for your replies guys.. tried the google thing...no joy ... the Crucial site is good if you know what you are trying to upgrade.. heres a long shot >>>>> the numbers on one of the modules are ..9902027 and 806443 .. theres a teaser for you out there.. I should care ??? Ive got £10 each way at 66/1 for Ukraine to win the world cup... they're nearly there.. might meet Engerlund in final.. being a Scotsman .. my loyalties will be SOOOO divided.:-)

ed-0 23:40 26 Jun 06

" Ive got £10 each way at 66/1 for Ukraine to win the world cup... they're nearly there.. might meet Engerlund in final.. being a Scotsman .. my loyalties will be SOOOO divided.:-)"

That might be a canny £10 investment:-(

For your memory, use cpu-z click here

If it is in the machine. Cpu-z should give you all the details including where and the week it was manufactured;-)

ed-0 23:50 26 Jun 06

Or 9902027 is 128Mb Kingstone click here

johnnyrocker 00:04 27 Jun 06

well yer bets down the tubes, crucial will scan your pc too see what you have.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…