Identify HP Scanner Model?

david4637 14:48 29 Dec 03

I have been given a scanner. I need to identify the model to download driver/instructions. Herewith details from the labels -

1. On the side panel a paper label - HP c7670A with Serial No SG990160TV.

2. On the back panel is a pressed in label - c5195.

3. On the top lid - Scanjet ADF.
What's the model, is it USB, any good?
Thanks David

VoG II 14:53 29 Dec 03

This one click here ?

DieSse 15:58 29 Dec 03

ADF normally, on a scanner, means Automatic Document Feeder. If it has one, and you take it off, then you will probably see the model number on the regular lid (if it's still there.)

However, I think VoG's link is very likely the correct one.

And if he's correct, it's not USB, it's SCSI, and you will need a SCSI board in your system to connect to.

I have to say you can buy a cheap USB scanner for the probable cost of a SCSI board, if you don't have one (which I suspect you don't, or you would already know it's not USB.

DieSse 16:09 29 Dec 03

My apologies - it seems to be USB and SCSI.

HP site for drivers is click here

david4637 20:38 29 Dec 03

Thanks for your helpful replies, I have just heard from HP (after some considerable time)that it is a HP Scanjet 6300c. Does this mean it needs a SCSI card? Thanks David

DieSse 20:50 29 Dec 03

If you look at the link I gave with my apology, you will find the drivers for both USB and SCSI for this scanner.

If you look on the back of the scanner you should see both the USB and SCSI connections. Just use the USB one.

david4637 21:04 29 Dec 03

Just got some more gen from HP, it confirms your replies that it is a SCSI/USB, so it would appear I don't need a SCSI - is that right?
BTW - OS is W98SE Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…