ide/atapi interface sequence. help please

frasernet 20:19 24 Nov 03

can anyone tell me what the correct procedure/sequence would be for connecting the following.. Hard drive [1] master, hard drive [2] slave, cdrom, and cdrw. i have 2 channels and a third for a floopy, but i'll leave that one be. it's just that i may have cocked things up slightly on installing a new writer when the last one went wrong, and i'm having problems with certain audio writes. this is the ONLY thing that is different, i have tried a couple of different ways and am currently as follows. >>slot 1= C drive [master] >> D drive [slave hard drive] >>slot 2 CDRW [master] >cd rom {slave]. what do you think?? any ideas?? please advise.

howard60 20:47 24 Nov 03

my new system is configured and no problems. Make sure the jumpers are correctly set for slave and master and that the end connector on the ide lead is the master with the slave in the middle position.

frasernet 20:50 24 Nov 03

when you say the 'end' for the master, do you mean the furthest from the motherboard? as i connected the first to the master and the next to the slave??!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…