Ideal Fans

midian 12:11 27 Sep 06

I have 3 case fans in my pc, one at the front drawing air in, one at the side also drawing air in and one at the back blowing out. System seems stable so is that the best setup. I also have 3 fans on my psu and cpu (obviously). Is there anything else i can do to improve air flow?

Totally-braindead 15:11 27 Sep 06

One of the simplist ideas to improve airflow is to tidy the wires away, another is to use rounded IDE cables like this click here you can get rounded cables for the floppy as well. Basically anything you can do to clear the airspace and therefore increase airflow is good.
Not sure about the side fan sucking air in. I have a similar setup but have the side fan extracting air, front sucking cool air in and rear sucking the warm air out of the case, perhaps the way you have it is better I don't know. I can only say that my PC is stable as it stands. Generally if you have 2 fans, 1 at the front and 1 at the rear the rule is 1 in and 1 out, usually in at the front and out at the back. What a side fan does to the airflow and which way its best to have it I'm not certain about I can only say what I have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…