ide to sata adapter + 2 hard drives (1 each)

Robert-dl 19:21 06 Aug 07

I have an Asus A7V8X-X MB which does not have sata connectors as standard. I have an 80gb hard drive connected using ide. I bought a 500gb sata hard drive and connected it using an ide to sata adapter. The sata hard drive is listed in device manager and is shown as working properly but it isn't shown as on the my computer screen with my other hard drive, DVD rewriter etc. When I access the sata drive through device manager, volumes the status is listed as "not initialised"

What can I do?

howard64 21:03 06 Aug 07

did you fit a 4pin to sata power cable?

Robert-dl 15:33 07 Aug 07

Yes, I have fitted power cables to the hard drive & the sata adapter. The disk shows up under device manager as working properly, but doesn't appear under my computer.

T0SH 16:59 07 Aug 07

To use the drive you first need to initialise it by single left clicking on where it says "Disk 1" then right click and choose "initialise" then format it, once that is done will it become available in Windows

Cheers HC

User-312386 17:01 07 Aug 07

Start>control panel>Performance and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Double click computer management, now click Disk Management

Now tell me what you see? If you see the 500GB HDD format it and thats it

T0SH 17:02 07 Aug 07

Ops sorry forgot a bit all this to be done from right clicking My Computer and choosing manage then select Disk management"

Cheers HC

User-312386 17:02 07 Aug 07

ooooooops meant initialise it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…