IDE to SATA

Blaikie 08:04 05 Apr 11

Hello, I have just recently bought an IDE to SATA converter adapter HEXIN (HXSP-0908)

My PC is a dell build and motherboard is 0G1548 Intel i845G with IDE connections.

I have a SATA HDD (160GB Hitachi Deskstar) which I am trying to connect using the adapter.

Now whenever I try to boot the PC with everything connected, it takes a considerable amount of time to load. When it eventually loads onto the logon screen, it looks as if there are no Graphics drivers installed and the mouse + keyboard stop responding, I am unable to advance past this point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Batch 09:34 05 Apr 11

Are you trying to use the SATA disk as the boot device or do you have an existing IDE drive as as boot device and the SATA as a secondary device?

Blaikie 09:52 05 Apr 11

SATA disk is boot device and only HDD connected.

bremner 09:59 05 Apr 11

Did you do a fresh install of Windows onto the Satan drive.

If not then that is your problem. The Windows install has drivers for the machine on which it was installed and not this one.

bremner 10:02 05 Apr 11

SATA

This was an autocomplete error.

bremner 10:03 05 Apr 11

SATA

This was an autocomplete error

Blaikie 10:05 05 Apr 11

Ah suppose that makes sense, might just need to use it as a secondary drive then.

Algerian peter 10:52 05 Apr 11

priceless. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…