ide hdd to sata mobo

llollipoppi 20:50 PM 30 Nov 11

Hi I bought this convertor

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/22651470/-/Product.htmlBut the hdd is not recognised no matter what I try, the convertor has its own power supply which is connected up to the main psu. I have also connected the IDE hdd to power supply and tried all the sata ports.

Not recognised in the bios - any ideas? Has anyone had this issue before?

I'm upgrading a pc for a friend they had limited cash so only got a barebones bundles - i know it would have been esaire just to buy a sata drive.

Any help appreciated folks

Thanks L

robin_x 21:08 PM 30 Nov 11

IDE HDD jumper settings? Should be Master?? Or CS? Or doesn't it matter?

Have other IDE devices been left without a Master??

I must admit I don't really know

Some seemingly useful Googles here

llollipoppi 21:38 PM 30 Nov 11

Hi,

My CD ROM is in the ide on M/B so i'm going to try and take the jumpers out of that and put the hdd into slave as it doesnt currently have any jumpers. Its very frustrating!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:23 PM 30 Nov 11

If the hard drive is not recognised in BIOS then you need to set BIOS to AHCI

T0SH 10:13 AM 01 Dec 11

These devices are bi-directional and the sata port descriptive names are sometimes not the best?, (I suppose since they are made at very low cost in China this should not be surprising):¬)

It is not clear from your post, if the relevant drive is hard or optical but in either case unless it is a primary boot device there is no need to have it detected by the bios for it to be available from within the windows os

Cheers HC

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…