IDE Drivers

Chief Estimator 13:31 07 Jan 03
  Chief Estimator 13:31 07 Jan 03

I have just replaced my HD with an 80GB Seagate. I have run diagnistic from Seagate which say no problem with HD. Keeping my old HD as a slave. Things seem to be working fine, but in "device manager" IDE Driver shows conflict & says that the device "C HD" is not present or not working. Have tried to refresh in device manager but error message still there. Any ideas as to the cause & solution to the problem. Thanks

AndySD 15:16 07 Jan 03

Is it set to master and the old one to slave and which one is the operating system on....which operating system?

woodchip 15:28 07 Jan 03

Have you been into CMOS setup and redetected the drives, you also need to download the ata driver for the Seagate drive if it's 100 ata or 133 ata as these are not loaded by windows, go to Seagate site for these

woodchip 22:06 07 Jan 03

Go into Cmos, when you start your computer watch the startup screen it will say what to press to enter setup, the del key is what most use Ami bios used on there old F1 but you should see it when you are starting press as soon as you see it. then read the instructions on how to navigate with the keyboard Enter opens a Page, Escape closes a page, use arrow key and page up page down key's as you need. You need to set the drives to Auto if you cannot Auto Detect drives then close and save settings when you have done

woodchip 22:08 07 Jan 03

Go into Cmos, when you start your computer watch the startup screen it will say what to press to enter setup, the del key is what most use Ami bios used on there old F1 but you should see it when you are starting press as soon as you see it. then read the instructions on how to navigate with the keyboard Enter opens a Page, Escape closes a page, use arrow key and page up page down key's as you need. You need to set the drives to Auto if you cannot Auto Detect drives then close and save settings when you have done. You may get this page again site is acting up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…