IDE connector's

stevedigpal 20:24 17 Sep 08

Hi Every one,
Can some one out there give me some advice please.
I have an Abit KN9 Motherboard which is faulty and need to change it for a new one. The only problem is at the moment I have four drives that work off IDE motherboard connector's. I have a DVD reader, a CD writer, a DVD writer and a Zip drive. I only have two IDE connectors on motherboard so I have two units connected to one IDE connector. I can't get hold of a KN9 motherboard as they are no longer made. All new Abit motherboards now only come with ONE IDE connector. The question is if it is possible to connect my four units to the one IDE connector or would that overload it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Stevedigpal

MAJ 20:32 17 Sep 08

Buy a PCI - IDE card? click here

MAJ 20:39 17 Sep 08

Or if your new board doesn't have any PCI slots, then maybe a PCI-E to IDE card. click here

ambra4 20:58 17 Sep 08

“The question is if it is possible to connect my four units to the one IDE connector”

No you can only connect two (2) IDE devices to the IDE connector

You new motherboard will have 4 Sata Ports and 1 IDE port to connect your four drives you need to do the following

Connect the two cd / dvd drives to the IDE cable as before master / slave

Purchase two (2) of these units, which will allow you to connect your IDE drive to the sata ports 0 & 1 on the motherboard

NEW SATA/Serial-ATA to IDE/PATA Adapter Converter Cable

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…