IDE Channel Configuration

walesrob 01:32 28 Mar 03

Hiya all :-)

I'm getting conflicting advice on setting up 4 IDE devices on the primary and secondary channels, in my case a 40GB harddrive, a CDRW, a DVDRom and a Zip 100. I know that the CDRW must occupy master on secondary channel and the harddrive must be master on primary channel. Now, where should Zip and DVD go as the slave devices? Would I be right in saying the DVD should be Primary Channel slave and Zip secondary channel slave? Someone put me out of my misery!! TIA

hugh-265156 01:35 28 Mar 03

dvd sounds good to me not sure about zip.

Megatyte 01:36 28 Mar 03

Either will do.

powerless 01:44 28 Mar 03

Primary Master - HDD

Primary Slave - ZIP

Secondary Master - DVD

Secondary Slave - CD-RW

DieSse 01:57 28 Mar 03

Zip drives can be very touchy indeed about where they are in multi-drive situations. Be prepared to have to experiment.

tbh72 02:01 28 Mar 03

Why? Simple, try and config them into the most useable structure across the four channels. CD burning software will be used on IDE 0 transfering the information to IDE 1. Same with the ZIP "Note Disable the ZIP in the bios - To enable drive letter configuration in windows".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…