TechTel 11:15 20 Apr 06

I am running Windows 2000 on a Dell Optiplex GX240 Desktop.
I recently decided to update my drivers for my IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers - Namely - Intel 82801BA Ultra ATA Controller + Primary Ultra ATA Chanel and Secondry Ultra ATA Chanel.

On each of the 3 I went to "Update Driver" - Update from

Outcome on each was that Windows had found a more suitable Driver.

On instructing windows to install the New drivers I was prompted on each to restart my PC.
- Which I did not untill all 3 updates were installed.

On Re-booting I got the dreaded Blue Screen of Death - "Could not find boot device"
DELL could not help and I tried everything. Nothing worked So I reformatted and 30 hours later I am still loading Software. I use this PC in my Business!

What went wrong? - I am Petrified of updating my IDE ATA/ATAPI Drivers ever again - Please can Someone Advise?

goonerbill © ® 11:52 20 Apr 06

should have updated when requested. yes its easier to download all 3 updates and then restart but there is always a reason why you are being asked to restart after an update, probably that one update will have info for the next update to read/needs to complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…