ID3 tags - problems with Roxio

john bunyan 16:17 21 Nov 14
Answered

I have used Roxio Creator 2010 for a few years, mainly for music editing and disc copying - not for photos. Some time ago, if I had a .mp3 file in I Tunes that had either been ripped or I had imported from a cassette I could go to the file location and on right clicking, am option was available to use the Roxio ID3 tag service, via "Gracenote" , to try - mostly successfully - to get the artist, album etc info, which when saved meant that I Tunes had the correct info. This has stopped. I am not sure if this is due to an IE issue, the new I Tunes 12 or Windows 7. One can, laboriously, still use it via Roxio but the process is long winded. I Tunes own identifier is ok for tunes bought from them but I would like to know how to restore the old system. Alternatively is there some other software (free ideally) that would work wit I Tunes?

john bunyan 18:55 27 Nov 14
Answer

No replies - will greentick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:00 27 Nov 14

I use ID3 tagit

Itunes seems to recognise all the tags on my music Ok

Woolwell 22:13 27 Nov 14

iTunes 12 and Windows Music Player will obtain artist album info. I ripped some into WMP which found the album data and that data appears to be now in iTunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…