ID3 tags - problems with Roxio

john bunyan 16:17 21 Nov 14
Answered

I have used Roxio Creator 2010 for a few years, mainly for music editing and disc copying - not for photos. Some time ago, if I had a .mp3 file in I Tunes that had either been ripped or I had imported from a cassette I could go to the file location and on right clicking, am option was available to use the Roxio ID3 tag service, via "Gracenote" , to try - mostly successfully - to get the artist, album etc info, which when saved meant that I Tunes had the correct info. This has stopped. I am not sure if this is due to an IE issue, the new I Tunes 12 or Windows 7. One can, laboriously, still use it via Roxio but the process is long winded. I Tunes own identifier is ok for tunes bought from them but I would like to know how to restore the old system. Alternatively is there some other software (free ideally) that would work wit I Tunes?

john bunyan 18:55 27 Nov 14
Answer

No replies - will greentick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:00 27 Nov 14

I use ID3 tagit

Itunes seems to recognise all the tags on my music Ok

Woolwell 22:13 27 Nov 14

iTunes 12 and Windows Music Player will obtain artist album info. I ripped some into WMP which found the album data and that data appears to be now in iTunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch