I'd like to view my photo attachments

TommyRed 20:04 09 Feb 03

How do I configure Outlook Express to open photo attachments in say PaintShop pro, as opposed to Serif Drawplus, which just gives me the briefest of glimpses and then disappears. I assume the latter problem may be due to the time elapsing on its free use. My o/s is 98se. Cheers

MAJ 20:10 09 Feb 03

Associate that type of file, jpg, gif bitmap, etc. with Paintshop Pro, or which ever package you require. To do that, right click on the file while holding down the Shift key, then choose "Open With" and choose PSP as the program to open with. Also tick the little box which says "always use this application to open files of this type" (or similar).

TommyRed 23:20 09 Feb 03

Thanks for replying but where do I right click the attachment, in the message box, inbox? Have tried it in various places but 'open with' doesn't appear.

Cheers Mark

lacker 23:58 09 Feb 03

There is another way to try if you can,t get the mwssage box to open in OE.Click 'file' on OE then 'save as'and save it into the 'My Picture'folder.Then select it in 'my pictures'and
carry out the procedure outlined by MAJ,namely right click and use 'open with'etc.
Hope this works for you.
Tony

jazzypop 00:03 10 Feb 03

When the attachment arrives, right-click it and choose 'Save As'.

Then open Windows Explorer, right-click on the attachment you just saved, and choose 'Open With...'.

TommyRed 08:33 10 Feb 03

Thanks all sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…