I'd appreciate some help please

jeffg 18:39 10 Mar 04

I am running Win XP Pro along with Norton Internet Security 2004 and Norton System Works 2004. Up until recently I have not had any problems. When I download my email, the files are checked by the NAV program and the spam is automatically filtered into the Norton AntiSpam folder. When I try to send spam that Norton has missed into the spam folder, I get a windows message saying that a program is trying to read my address book and gives the option of allowing or denying access. I obviously deny access as it sounds like possible virus activity. All my definitions are up to date and I have double checked my system using the web facility on Nortons website. My system is clear of viruses. I haven't installed any new software. I have checked and re-checked to see if I can find the program identified but I am failing miseralbly. Any ideas??

anon1 19:04 10 Mar 04

You will get the same message sometimes if you try to reply to emails or newsgroups. You did not mention which email client you are using. The warning will most likely be from the email client or the security settings of windows ( I cant recall). However if you have the doors closed its nothing to worry about. It is not some virus that you fear. Instead of moving the spam just delete it

jeffg 00:31 11 Mar 04

I am using Outlook xp. The one thing that I forgot to mention is that the icons lock up in the toolbar in Outlook and then I have to ctrl alt del to shut it down. Up to the denying access to the addresses it's fine. This has only just started to happen, I have never had this issue before.

anon1 08:03 11 Mar 04

Ok try this explor to your drive letter:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\ then double click the file scanpst.exe and that will check your pst file, not saying it will cure your problem but it might help failing that post your question in the microsoft newsgroup for outlook (microsoft.public.outlook)

jeffg 19:56 07 Apr 04

The problem was with Symantec and they have issued a patch. Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…