ICS will not download sites

chapeau 15:53 10 Dec 04

I have two computers, ine Windows XP SP2, the other Windows ME, both have more than adequate memory and discspace. They are setup for networking and ICS. The printer and file sharing works very well from either machine.

My connection is dial up and from the prime machine, the XP model, works well handling web sites, e mail, downloads etc without any thing more than the usual dialup hesitation.

The second machine however has problems, whilst it will dowmload many sites, on others it indicates that it is downloading, the site name appears on the bar and the download indicator goes up to somertimes 30%. sometimes 80% and then just sticks.

These are commonsites, easily accessed from the XP machine, and from the ME machine if a direct dialup connection is made from this machine.

The problem remains the same whatever browser is used, my preference is Moztlla but Internet Explorer 6 is installed and is used for some functions, and the condition has been checked with both.

Windows firewall is normally on but the problem is there whether it is switched on or off. I have also tried it with other firewall and they have no effect. Indications from the Windows Task Manager Network window are of a single short burst of activity and then no more.

Can anyone out there help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…