ics service

picklsey 06:06 09 Nov 05

xp pro

went to turn on win.firewall and it would not turn on,because of the above not running,would someone be kind enough to tell me how to turn this on.thanks,

Skyver 06:15 09 Nov 05

StartMenu/Run, type `services.msc`, find Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), right click/Properties, press Start.

AndySD 06:20 09 Nov 05

Start then Control Panel then Administrator Tools then Services find Internet Connection Sharing (ics) double click on it and enable it and set it to Automatic.

picklsey 06:25 09 Nov 05

thanks for reply,done what you suggested but it throws up this error message.

error 1075 the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

any ideas please.thanks again.

Skyver 06:27 09 Nov 05

Have you recently removed another firewall product?

Skyver 06:30 09 Nov 05

Make sure Remote Procedure Call and Windows Instrumentation Service are also Started and set to automatic

picklsey 06:36 09 Nov 05

i don,t think i removed any.what happened was i bought an upgrade disc from xp home to pro and i have had a few hiccups with it.

AndySD

tried that does not appear to be there.

thanks for the help.

Skyver 06:41 09 Nov 05

They will be in the services list, if they're missing you really do have problems...Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation, as cut and pasted directly from the services snap-in on my own XP machine.

Skyver 06:46 09 Nov 05

Sorry, I got the latter wrong first time didn't I, no wonder you couldn't see it

picklsey 06:47 09 Nov 05

thanks again

rpc is there wmi can,t find ics can,t find.

ran sfc /scannow no difference any ideas on how to resolve this.thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Skyver 06:53 09 Nov 05

Were you using the standard firewall with XP Home?
Get your XP CD handy, Start menu/Run, type `sfc /scannow` to do a system file check. Check your network connection settings are in order, reboot and see if you can see the services in the list then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…