ICS over Network

Marc-267644 18:38 03 Jan 04

I am stuck when it comes to Internet Connection Sharing the secondary computer is really slow and shouldn’t be.

I have two computers, one contains a Cnet 200 and the other an Intel Network adapter, these are directly connected with a cross over cable. Both computers have windows xp and service pack 1. I was able to create the LAN fine and all has been fine with that. I got broadband the other day so I decided to allow both computers to have broadband, (NTL cable 600k). The broadband was installed with the computer that had the Cnet 200 card in. I went through the Windows XP network wizard to create such a connection that would allow the other computer to have access to this internet.

When I went through the network wizard it was able to share the internet with the other computer, but the surfing, downloading and all internet related items was really slow or didn’t work, (and shouldn’t be with 600k internet, it was even worse than 56k dial up). Also if the second computer is using the internet through the primary computer, then the LAN would also stop working.

Can you help me, I read that it might have something to do with the card, does the cards that I have support LAN and internet connection sharing.

Thanks

spikeychris 18:56 03 Jan 04

Could be lots of things click here and click here

Marc-267644 17:38 04 Jan 04

I have been talking to some people at work and they say that it might be some of the following.

1. The computer that has the modem only has windows xp home and the computer that is sharing the internet has xp professional, is this true.

2. The cards are not the same so it wont work properly.

Are there any recommended cards i should buy, are there any specific cards i should buy.

Ta Marc

Epirb406 17:44 04 Jan 04

Maybe you too!

click here

Cheers, Epirb.

Marc-267644 17:48 04 Jan 04

Do i have to have my broadband cable installed with ethernet, cos at the moment it is using usb connection. If i use ethernet where does it plug in, another network card???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…