ICS on NTL cable modem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:11 15 Sep 05

Have previously set up both cable network and wireless network to share the internet connection on my PC using a USB adsl modem.

No attempting attempting to share the internet connection on wireless laptop to desktop running an NTL cable modem connected by ethernet port.

Would normally select the connection in IE options, settings - click properties and advanced tab to tick Allow other users to connect...

With the NTL cable modem there is nothing to select and do the above, so how do I share this type of connection? am I missing something obvious?

All help appreciated

retep888 16:44 15 Sep 05

Try using usb connection instead of ethernet,I found I was successful only when I used this type of connection whether it was p2p crossover or straight with a switch.

May be other more knowledgeable members can give you a more constructive suggestion.

Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:04 15 Sep 05

HAd lots ofproblems while trying to use this modem on USB thats why its connect to the ethernet port

Strawballs 21:45 16 Sep 05

click here When it comes to NTL problems I find here is very useful

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:38 17 Sep 05

Thanks for the link lots of info but mostly on using a router (might have to go that way)

Ended up at click here after going through all 34 pages of the NTL networking forum.

Which is basically wher i started from as I don not appear to have the advanced tab to allow me to set up ICS. :0(

Strawballs 17:04 17 Sep 05

No problem sorry it didn't help more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…