Icons on the Task Bar

Allan RISC OS user 21:46 24 Jul 10
Answered

I have just re-installed the Windows 7 home premium 64 bit onto my computer and now all the Icons on the left hand side of the Task Bar come up with titles of the page or folder displayed on the screen. Before I reinstalled the OS only the Icon appeared and thumbnails of the page or folder could be seen and could be clicked upon to display them in full.

How do I get rid of the names etc., and how do I get the separate thunbnails, so that with Firefox open and having 3 tabs open there will be 3 thumbnails, 2 showing the other tabs and one the open tab?

When the programmes are not running the Icons are displayed without any names and this is how I wish them to be at all times.

Why does windows always appear to be different each time your install it.

Help please!

rdave13 21:53 24 Jul 10
Answer

When you reinstalled 7 did you do it from within windows or booted up with the disc, reformatted the drive and have a clean install? Best way as you might have a legacy of the previous OS left otherwise.

VoG II 22:03 24 Jul 10

Right clock in that area > customise > follow the prompts to change.

Allan RISC OS user 22:12 24 Jul 10

Installed from the Factory partition (the D Drive) yes it did re format.

I have tried right click on the task bar and did not get "customise".

rdave13 22:47 24 Jul 10

Try a system file checker. Read this thread thoroughly; click here

Possibly something went wrong when resetting to factory settings. Unusual but can happen if you've upgraded any hardware.

northumbria61 22:57 24 Jul 10

"I have tried right click on the task bar and did not get "customise"

Right click - properties - customize.

Allan RISC OS user 18:34 25 Jul 10

I have found this site
click here
which has fixed Firefox to a point but still have the writing which makes the Icon take up too much room on the Task Bar, any further thoughts/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…